Location: Bungay, Suffolk
This role is essential to Clays Ltd and will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop and manage Clays sustainability policies. You will support the progression and delivery of these through the sustainability action plan, as well as leading on behavioural change initiatives related to sustainability within Clays.
- Work alongside the Clays management team on the formulation of sustainability strategies and policies and work with specialists to drive initiatives across all business areas.
- Support the Clays management team to set sustainability targets including those for Scope 1, 2, 3 and Net Zero.
- To establish a roadmap for delivery against the targets and establish operational ownership.
- Manage the development and work with the management team to deliver specific projects within the Sustainability Action Plan.
- Support the business in gathering and reporting data in line with sustainability targets and reporting requirements.
- Support the Clays Board to formulate a programme for reducing energy and material consumption, minimise value chain carbon emissions, maximise opportunities for reuse and recycling, and minimise environmental pollution.
- Provide a consultancy service for project teams which gives advice and act as an assurance on achieving best environmental practice.
- Support the management team in interacting with publishers to resolve enquiries and data requirements concerning environmental sustainability.
- To produce an annual sustainability report and provide appropriate information for the annual financial report.
- Work with consultants and partners, such as Local Authorities and recycling organisations, to develop energy and waste reduction programmes.
- Be aware and keep up to date with any opportunities for fund raising for sustainability projects and apply for funds from grant and other providers.
- Bachelor’s degree educated (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of delivering carbon footprint projects in line with global foot printing guidance and standards would be ideal, as would experience of working in a manufacturing setting
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships and influence decision-making
- Ability to think and work independently, taking the initiative and ‘ownership’ of assignments, and having excellent organisational and time management skills
We have been operating for over 200 years, producing some of the most well-known and best-selling books in the UK, providing an invaluable service to a range of publishing clients. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have remained strong, recruiting throughout and look forward to welcoming you to our business.
If you are interested in this role, please send both your covering letter and CV either by post or email to:
Vikki Edwards (HR Administrator) – Clays Ltd, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1ED
Closing Date: 18th October 2021