Location: Central London
Nearest tube: Chancery Lane
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday (with occasional after work events)
Established over 200 years ago, Clays is a market-leading book production specialist, providing manufacturing, inventory management and supply chain solutions to publishers, and producing 150 million books a year from our 20-acre site in Suffolk. Clays is a highly regarded organisation, working to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, delivering an unrivalled service in a highly competitive market. The successful candidate will compliment this culture.
We are seeking a highly professional, self-motivated and capable individual to join our London based sales team. Reporting to the Sales Development Director, you will be responsible for developing profitable and sustainable business from UK publishing houses requiring our offering of book manufacturing and associated publishing services.
• Present, promote and sell products/services to existing and prospective customers.
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients • Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
• Achieve agreed upon sales targets
• Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction and promote customer retention • Analyse the market potential, track sales and status reports
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products and new products
• Supply management with monthly reports on sales, customer needs, problems, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
• Proven work experience as a sales representative preferably in the manufacturing sector but not essential
• Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
• Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to build productive business professional relationships
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
• A great communicator with strong interpersonal and written skills
• Educated to degree level
• Lovely We Work office space with lots of We Work activities
• 26 days’ holidays plus bank holidays
If you are interested in applying for this position please either e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV and covering letter or post them to the following address: Amy Greenacre HR Business Advisor Clays Popson Street Bungay Suffolk NR35 1ED The closing date for this role is 8th April 2019.