Bungay, Suffolk – Due to the location of our factory, it would be preferable if you have your own transport.
We are looking to take on a new employee within our Production Control team for our factory in Bungay. We are looking for an individual with people management experience within a manufacturing or production environment to provide maternity cover.
The role will require you to lead the production control team of nine people, working in our fast-paced environment, you will need to be a strong decision maker with the ability to communicate and influence to a wide range of internal stakeholders. Commercial acumen and knowledge of print will be advantageous.
The role therefore requires the individual to be hardworking and have the ability and desire to go above and beyond the standard ‘nine-to-five’.
- To manage the production control team in all aspects
- Ensure that the production plan is set to maximise production efficiencies whilst ensuring there is sufficient capacity to meet customer contracted SLA’s
- Determine shift requirements of the business by working closely with departmental managers, customer service manager and directors and agree overtime requirements
- Controlling and advising on schedules for customer projects
- Identifying and reporting on ordering pattern trends
- Working with IT and other departments to continually develop systems to improve workflows and procedures
- A*- C GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent. A-Level or higher (or equivalent) in Maths is preferable
- You have at least 1 years’ experience as a manager or team leader
- Proven experience making decisions in fast paced environment
- Proven ability to build relationships across the board
- Experience of production and manufacturing environments is preferable
- You are hardworking, with the ability to work extra hours or weekends when required
- You are committed, decisive, responsible, and personable
We have been operating for over 200 years, producing some of the most well-known and best-selling books in the UK, providing an invaluable service to a range of publishing clients. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have remained strong, recruiting throughout and look forward to welcoming you to our business.
If you wish to apply, please send your covering letter and CV either by post or email to:
Vikki Edwards – HR Dept: Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1ED
CLOSING DATE: 27th October 2021