Clays are a market leader in the manufacture of monochrome books for the UK market, and have been printing books for around 200 years. Based in Bungay in Suffolk, we produce around 150 million books a year for a wide range of customers from the largest publishing groups in the UK to independent and self-published authors.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to support the Customer Service team in providing an outstanding level of service. This will be through the checking and processing of orders as well as by carrying out administrative duties to assist the Account Control team. The role will be on a fixed term contract basis for 12 months.
- Assisting the Account Controllers in providing an outstanding level of customer service, by performing a number of key admin functions using the Clays system
- Administering key components for the production of books
- Downloading customer data and validating against customer orders
- Querying POs that contain conflicting or missing information
- Ordering certain corrections and materials from external suppliers
- Inputting basic information on the Clays system in relation to the customer’s order
- Understanding and processing customer orders, advising customers where necessary
- Developing strong working relationships with designated day to day contacts
Who are we looking for?
- Hardworking with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A high level of attention to detail, particularly when dealing with multiple tasks
- A team player who is willing to learn
What experience is required for the role?
- Experience in a customer facing or admin role is essential
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, and willing to learn to use our in-house system
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) between grades A*-C, and good passes at GCSE Maths and English
- Knowledge or an enthusiasm for books and print is desirable, however full training will be provided
What’s next and how do I apply?
The successful applicant will be awarded a competitive package and will play an important role in our Customer Service team. The core hours of this role are Monday to Friday, worked 8.30am to 5.00pm.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter to Amy Greenacre at either Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1ED or email@example.com. The closing date for this role is 1st November 2019.