We are looking for an efficient Materials Controller within our busy Materials Control department. The Materials Controller will be raising orders for materials, scheduling and organising deliveries, be able to manage receipts and thoroughly check invoices, be able to forecast supply and demand to prevent over/under stocking alongside maintaining appropriate stock levels and completing monthly stock ordering.
To be successful as a Materials Controller, you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a Materials Controller should be highly organized and possess excellent stock management skills.
This position is for an immediate start.
- IT literate with 5 GCSE’s including A* – C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- This is an opportunity to be an active team player who is happy to support and be supported in our Materials Control department.
- You will have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally to the business.
- The ability to work well within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in a position dealing with external suppliers and stock maintenance would be an advantage. Previous experience of working in an office or print environment would also be considered.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A proactive, conscientious work attitude.
- No previous factory experience is required – just a strong work ethic.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Company Sick Pay
- 26 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Onsite Car Parking (Subject to Availability)
- Health & Wellbeing Support
- Working Hours: 8:30am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch
We have been operating for over 200 years, producing some of the most well-known and best-selling books in the UK, providing an invaluable service to a range of publishing clients and in turn, bringing you and your family the books you love to read. With over 800 employees based on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, we supply over 150 million books per year and have recently been acquired by Elcograf. Through this union, we have a strong and exciting future ahead of us and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Please note, due to the location of our factory, it would be preferable if you have your own transport.
Location: Bungay, Suffolk
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!