Bungay, Suffolk – Due to the location of our factory, it would be preferable if you have your own transport.
We are looking to take on a new Estimator for our factory in Bungay. Estimators are imperative to ensure our customers receive accurate and timely estimates and are responsible for ensuring strong customer relationships, as well as booking in requests to support the overall business aims and objectives. The role will require the individual to build a good working relationship with co-workers, team leaders, management and external suppliers.
- Responsible for working with Account Controllers and external supplier to obtain pricing for non-Clays products, deferring to Estimating Team Leader when appropriate
- Completing and producing accurate and timely estimates (within a 48 hour window as standard)
- Working with manufacturing departments to obtain relevant information
- Using in-house price scales and excel calculators to produce price
- Responsible for uploading estimate to Accuterm system
- Develop an understanding of our inhouse pricing scales
- Respond to ad-hoc account control or invoicing queries
- To assist in the updating of in-house calculators and information banks as-and-when required
You will work 37.5 hours per week. The core hours of this role are 08:30-17:00, worked Monday to Friday.
- Maths & English GCSE (A* – C) or equivalent
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office and strong excel user
- Strong general PC skills
- Willing to learn to use our in-house system
- Relevant experience would be advantageous
- Experience in manufacturing/production environment would be advantageous
- You can work accurately under pressure
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are a confident communicator at all levels of the business
We have been operating for over 200 years, producing some of the most well-known and best-selling books in the UK, providing an invaluable service to a range of publishing clients. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have remained strong, recruiting throughout and look forward to welcoming you to our business.
If you wish to apply, please send your covering letter and CV either by post or email to:
Vikki Edwards (HR Dept) Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1ED
CLOSING DATE: 29th October 2021