Reporting to the Digital Manager, you will help manage all aspects of production to ensure that expected standards of quality, cost and delivery are achieved. You will help provide training, coaching and direction to your team to enable them to achieve production KPI’s, whilst ensuring health & safety compliance at all times. You will be required to monitor stock, control costs and work to lean manufacturing practices. You will also help coordinate process improvements, problem solve effectively and enjoy working in a fast moving and fast changing environment.
- Assist the production control team to organise and deliver production schedules
- Implementation of positive change to enable efficient workflow
- Setting and controlling quality standards to meet customer expectations and delivery targets
- Overseeing production processes and managing shift staff
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Design and implementation of process improvement, including liaising with other departmental staff
- Identifying / organising relevant coaching and training sessions to develop staff
- Supporting the delivery of the departmental health & safety plans
- Ensure all compliance checks and audits are completed on a weekly basis
- Ensuring the department is a clean and safe environment – housekeeping is of high standard
- Proactively encouraging high levels of health, safety and welfare
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are measured & complied with
- Ensuring all Health & Safety documentation including COSSH assessments are upto date
- Weekly and monthly auditing
- Ownership of the internal systems POD, ASR and Wire Rec
- Control of holidays and manning shift by shift
- Achieving the Department Targets on performance
- Completing HR documentation as required
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience of running shifts in a manufacturing / production environment is essential
- Knowledge and experience of employee relations (HR) and Health & Safety is highly advantageous
- Strong communication, people management and leadership skills
- The successful candidate will be a hands on leader, enjoy working in a fast moving environment, and have the confidence, ability and drive to recommend and help implement change effectively
- Exposure and implementation of lean sigma systems and improvements is an advantage
- Competent user of Microsoft Office programmers
- Previous experience managing a team (up to five years) would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
The nature of our business dictates an ongoing requirement for flexibility to provide our customers with the service that they require. The working hours reflect this need and you will be required to work shift patterns spanning 7 days and nights on weekdays and weekend days as required.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please e-mail Amy Greenacre on email@example.com attaching your CV or post to the below address: Amy Greenacre, HR Business Advisor, Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1ED.
The closing date for this role is 14th June 2019.