Clays have been producing some of the most well-known and best-selling books in the UK for over 200 years, providing an invaluable service to a range of publishing clients.
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Buyer at Clays. This role will involve working in a fast paced and customer facing environment. The role of Buyer is primarily responsible for sourcing site components, consumables and leading smaller procurement initiatives.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Purchase Order Admin
- Supplier research / Sourcing
- Supplier Liaison
- Negotiating / renewing local procurement contracts
- Supplier Evaluation
- Hitting savings targets
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels
- Liaison with Purchasing Manager
- Identification of process improvements
- Management of procurement projects
The ideal candidate will have the below experience:
- Previous experience in a busy procurement department within a large complex manufacturing/process industry environment.
- Supplier negotiation experience
- Knowledge of procurement systems and processes including effective admin of Purchase Ordering.
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Able to deliver system and process improvements
- Experience of dealing with senior, peer and sometimes challenging individuals
- Experience in development of, and adherence to, procurement budgets and targets.
- Order expediting/progress chasing
- Experience of buying for manufacturing
The role will require the below skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with suppliers, contractors and key members of the team.
- Confident advising on all aspects of procurement process including optimum solutions and effective sourcing decisions.
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent administration skills
This is a full-time permanent position requiring 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, with 1 hour for lunch.
If you are interested in applying for this position please either e-mail email@example.com attaching your CV and covering letter or post them to the following address:
Amy Greenacre, HR Business Advisor
Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1ED
The closing date for this role is 18th January 2019.