Clays are a market leader in the manufacture of monochrome books for the UK market, and have been printing books for around 200 years. Based in Bungay in Suffolk, we produce around 150 million books a year for a wide range of customers from the largest publishing groups in the UK to independent and self-published authors.
An individual to act as the day-to-day contact for our customers, to provide outstanding customer service during the production of the customer’s books within our factory.
- To represent the customer’s needs within the business, providing an outstanding level of service to the customer
- To understand and process customer orders, advising customers where necessary
- To develop strong working relationships with designated day to day contacts
- To co-ordinate estimate requests and production schedules, clearly communicating these to the customer
- To collaborate with internal and external partners, balancing in-house capability with customer requirements
Who are we looking for?
- Hardworking with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A high level of attention to detail, particularly when dealing with multiple tasks
- A team player who is willing to learn
What experience is required for the role?
- At least a years’ experience in a customer facing role is essential, preferably in a B2B environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, and willing to learn to use our in-house CRM system
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) between grades A*-C, and good passes at GCSE Maths and English
- Knowledge or an enthusiasm for books and print is desirable, however full training will be provided
What’s next and how do I apply?
The successful applicant will be awarded a competitive package and will play an important role in our Customer Service team. The core hours of this role are Monday to Friday, worked 8.30am to 5.00pm.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter to Amy Greenacre at either Clays, Popson Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1ED or firstname.lastname@example.org.